Tuesday, June 10, 2014

karlie kloss x warby parker

Today Warby Parker launches their sunglass collaboration with the impossibly cool Karlie Kloss. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the brand, Warby Parker is a collection of eyeglasses and sunglasses starting at $95. You have the option to test the glasses before you purchase them and after you get a pair, another pair is donated to someone in need. The Karlie Kloss x Warby Parker collection has a similar philanthropic purpose, but instead of glasses for glasses, a portion of all Karlie collection sales goes to Edible Schoolyard NYC. Edible Schoolyard provides low-income public schools with gardens and kitchens and through a curriculum teaches students how to develop lifelong healthy habits. I had never heard of Edible Schoolyard until I learned about this collection, but love the idea of educating kids about healthy eating. I think one of the biggest injustices in our world is the fact that eating healthy is more expensive than eating unhealthily and it affects the entire population, especially children. The Karlie Kloss sunglass collection lets you look super chic while helping a good cause. 

From left to right we have the Julia, Clara and Marple. All three frames are constructed with lightweight titanium in either silver or gold metal. They come in 6 different lens colors- Violet Clover, Sepia Wash, Faded Slate, Copper Fade and Indigo Wash.
I'm very classic when it comes to choosing sunglasses, so I was naturally drawn to the aviator style Julia. I love the simple silhouette, but love the modern lens colors and metal choices. I think of all 3, these are the most versatile and would look great on any face shape. I'm hoping to get a pair with wiring and Sepia Wash lenses.
The Clara reminds me of what old Hollywood starlets would wear with a headscarf in the passenger seat of a 1950s Porsche. The Clara have a vintage-y retro feel that works on anyone, but especially round or heart-shaped faces. Gold wiring with Violet Clover lenses scream Megan Draper on vacation.

Finally, the cat-eye Marple are the funkiest of the 3 and the style Karlie is sporting in the first picture. I think these are effortlessly cool and the most unique of the collection. Once again, I think all 3 frames would look great on anyone, but I think the Marple would look especially cute on oval faced ladies. These have the same retro feel as the Clara but I get more of a Bond girl than Mad Men vibe with these.

I hope you enjoyed my take on the Karlie Kloss x Warby Parker collection. I'm super excited for this collaboration and always looking forward to new Warby Parker styles. Preston and I are big Warby fans and looking forward to a showroom opening here in Dallas this month. Be sure to get a pair of your own Karlie sunnies on Warby Parker's sunglass page.

No comments:

Post a Comment