Thursday, June 19, 2014

warby parker comes to dallas

Yesterday I had the chance to tour the newest Warby Parker showroom in Dallas. It's located on 2008 Henderson Avenue. If you've been reading my blog, you probably know that a few weeks ago I posted about the Karlie Kloss x Warby Parker collection. I was asked by a member of WP's marketing team to do the post. After I posted, I learned about the new showroom opening up and asked if WP would be interested in me posting about the new showroom. They said yes so I made arrangements to tour the showroom yesterday afternoon before the launch at 6 pm.
My favorite part about the new space is the Warby Parker school bus located in the front of the store. This bus has actually traveled to 16 cities across the United States and has made a permanent home in Dallas. The inside is an actual showroom and above are some of the cool decor found in the school bus. I thought it was a great concept that went right along with WP's school theme and it's a perfect landmark if you've never been to the store.
I'm modeling the Clara sunglasses which are part of the Karlie Kloss collaboration collection :) They're even cuter in person.
From 6-9 PM there was a launch party. Despite the wind, it was a great turn out with lots of activities (corn hole and flick football competitions), good food and music.
The little chalkboard illustrations were actually drawn by a member of the Warby Parker team and brought to decorate the showroom. They were my second favorite decoration, if you count the bus as one. I also snagged some chic school supplies.
The coolest part of the night was when I was introduced to Warby Parker CEO Neil Blumenthal. He graduated from The Wharton School so we bonded over Pennsylvania and the east coast in general. I really wish Preston could have come with me because he definitely would have had more to talk about, but it was a great experience nonetheless. I had a great time seeing the new showroom and celebrating Warby Parker's arrival to Dallas. If you're in the area, it's worth checking out!

No comments:

Post a Comment