Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

separated from the sea by a shifting shore

This past weekend we took a trip to Padre Island and Corpus Christi to meet Preston's parents. 
South Texas beaches are not the prettiest in the land, but it was nice to be close the ocean for a few days. We arrived late Thursday night and Friday morning was cold and windy. We went to the Texas State Aquarium and then walked along Michael J. Ellis beach.
The jellyfish were one of my favorite parts of the aquarium and this is a great picture Preston took of the little guys.
The second day was much warmer and we laid in the sun and played in the water. It was still a little chilly, but fun. At the Padre Island National seashore there were fields of sunflowers and I was in heaven! If we had been staying longer and the bugs weren't so bad, I would've picked bushels of them.
On Saturday night we wandered along one of the piers to see what the fishermen were catching. I was reluctant to go because who cares what the fishermen are catching but we saw SEA TURTLES IN THE WILD. I love sea turtles. I think they're the cutest little babies and then when they grow up they're so peaceful and still adorable. I wanted to jump in and play with the turtles. Someday I would like to participate in a sea turtle hatching to help the little guys to the ocean.
On Sunday we drove back to Dallas with Preston's parents and stopped in San Antonio and Austin. San Antonio for the River Walk and the Alamo and Austin for Gourdough's mmmm. If you're ever in San Antonio, stop by the River Walk! It's really beautiful and doesn't feel like Texas. I've never been to Venice, but the River Walk is what I imagine it to be a little bit. I'd like to make a trip back and spend a weekend, I liked it that much.
Monday and Tuesday were spent showing my in-laws around Dallas and last night we said goodbye til Christmas. We had a great weekend trip and visit. Here's to living large in Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment