Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

eons far from the sun

I am breaking my #1 rule of blogging: no blogging in public, but I am just sOoOo bOrEd @ wOrK. Let me tell you about my life. Since the last time I've blogged I've done some fun things. Spring semester has started and I'm taking two classes- Hearing Science and Advanced Writing for Elementary Education Majors. I know. El ed majors?? I need my advanced writing GE and comd doesn't require a capstone paper, so I enrolled myself in this absolute GEM of a class. Honestly, if you need your adv. writing GE requirement, TAKE THIS. It's so easy. So fun. We play games, eat candy and read children's books every class. I don't think I've gotten lower than a 95 on an assignment yet. I have class 8-12 MWF, no class TTh and work every day. It's a pretty good schedule. Lately, when I'm not studying (which is often) I've just been reading and bronzing. I went to the tulip festival last month. (pictured above). My favorite flowers are white tulips. I really love white flowers in general, but tulips are my favorite, so I enjoyed the festival.
  
Spring semester has been great so far. School isn't too bad and the weather is starting to get hot which I love. Also I have a bike now, so I'm only semi-stranded. Since I've had more free time I've been reading more. Here is my summer book list:

In Cold Blood- Truman Capote
From Beirut to Jerusalem- Thomas L. Friedman
Jane Eyre- Charlotte Bronte (I'll have to post a picture of this book. I found the cutest little copy of it at DI a few weeks ago. It's like a pocket-sized dictionary and the pages are gold and it has a fancy bookmark sewn into it like scriptures.)
How to Win Friends and Influence People- Dale Carnegie
Steve Jobs- Walter Isaacson
The Lemon Tree: An Arab, A Jew and the Heart of the Middle East- Sandy Tolan
Everything is Illuminated- Jonathan Safran Foer

A few weeks ago Preston surprised me with tickets to see M83 in Salt Lake. The show was incredible and just as good as when I saw them at Coachella. Since they had more time, there were much cooler lights and they brought on this fantastic sax player during Midnight City. It was such a fun, light-infused night. I'm so glad I saw them again. Speaking of shows, how bout that Twilight Concert Series lineup?? I was home last year so I didn't get to see any of them, but I will be around allll summer this time. I'm most excited for IRON & WINE. My favorite band ever for $5?? 2 perf.

Today I booked my flight to Pennsylvania for Alyanna's graduation!! It was the first time I've ever booked a flight on my own. I'm so excited to go home for a few days. I think the amount of time I'll be there (6 days) is just enough for me to bask in Lancaster's glory but not want to kill myself for boredom. I've already been making mental lists of all the people/places/foods I want to see/visit/eat.

Life is fantastic. I'm so happy and so lucky to be surrounded by the best people. It's a little sad because so many friends are gone for the summer doing internships and working, but some of my favorite people are still around to keep me company. My life rules. BYE.

1 comment: