Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

trench kisses

In lieu of Valentine's Day and the end of New York Fashion Week and beginning of London, I have decided to share my thoughts on Burberry Prorsum's Fall/Winter 2013 Ready-to-Wear collection.

Christopher Bailey called collection "Trench Kisses." How cute?! I really liked how playful most of the looks were, especially the heart print. There's nothing I love more or have spent more money on this season than printed shirts. From left to right: Cara D. and those heart panties. Hehe. So cute. Karlie's blouse! J.Crew made a similar one that I've been eyeing for months. The rubbery material reminds me of the kinkiness at Louis Vuitton FW 2011. Remember that one? It was the runway that looked like a hotel and the models that looked like bellhops and Kate Moss. Anyway. Marc Jacobs said his FW11 collection was inspired my fetishes and I kind of got that kinky vibe from Chris Bailey this season with the rubbery skirts and especially trenches. Then we have the heart printed shirt on a boy. Even more than I love printed shirts on me, I love 'em on a boy. However, there is such thing as too much, and I think in real life, I would giggle if I saw a boy sporting this shirt. I think the key for printed boy shirts is very small prints. I like the camel sweater in the next look. They had one in red that was equally as cool. My favorite look and dream coat. What's cuter than a Burberry trench coat? A BURBERRY TRENCH WITH LITTLE HEARTS ALL OVER IT. Next is the grommet trench. Just a cool spin on a classic. Chris is soo good at that. Finally the stripes remind me of jockeys, Polo and rugby shirts. Love the silk shirt. The dress looks like a silk version of my sister's rugby dress. I loved this collection. I haven't been keeping up with Fashion Week this year, but I always, always look at the Burberry show because it's always great. This year was no exception.
Above is me in my first Burb. Thank you children's section, forever saving me thousands. 
I had a sweet Valentine's Day. It's fun to think I will have a valentine for the rest of my life :) On another love note, (Hehe) one of my best friends, Kylie Cox got engaged 2 weeks ago to Danny Orme. Preston and I had the chance to spend this past President's Day weekend with them in sunny Las Vegas. I love Kylie and have been so excited for her engagement. Danny is perfect and I am so excited for their special day. The end of May/beginning of June is going to rule because two of my best friends are getting married and I get to be a part of both days. AND THEN I AM GETTING MARRIED AT THE END OF JUNE. I love love.

No comments:

Post a Comment