Pages

Monday, December 23, 2013

there's no place like home for the holidays

I'm home, I'm home, I'm home!! And I brought my husband with me. Look at his cute little stocking hanging with ours. It just melts my heart every time I see it.
Today we went to Philadelphia. It was rainy, but we still had fun exploring the City of Brotherly Love. Above is us trying to be cute at Love Park.
First we went to Reading Terminal Market for breakfast. In all my years as a Pennsylvanian, it was my first time going to that market. Next we went to some stores recommended by GQ's Philadelphia city guide. The one I have pictured with the cool hanging lightbulbs is called Art in the Age of Mechanical Reproduction. It had a Warby Parker station, Hill Side ties and a lot of other chic knick knacks and clothes you would find on Tumblr. The fur coat I found at Sugarcube. I felt and looked like a baby polar bear. A Philadelphia experience wouldn't be complete without an authentic Philly cheesesteak at Pat's.
We also walked around the University of Pennsylvania campus. Sooo pretty. It's one of my top choices for Preston if he decides to get an MBA. Above is a picture I took in the fine arts library. I would love to study there because I would feel like Hermione studying for Ancient Runes.
Finally, today is my pretty mommy's birthday. Her candles say 25 cuz she still looks it.

I'm so thrilled to be home and with my family. Merry Christmas everyone! Enjoy the most wonderful time of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment