Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2014

2013

2013 deserves this annoyingly long blog post because it was the best year of my life so far. I started it as a newly engaged little girl in sunny Arizona with Preston's family. Then back to school to complete my final semester at BYU. 
My BFF Kylie Cox now Orme got engaged to Danny!!!!!! This was super exciting because we could be engaged and annoying together. Also because Danny and Kylie are wonderful together and we like hanging out with them. I miss these babies.
Macy Baker took our engagements on freezing cold Utah Lake but I'm still obsessed with how they look. So white and clean and almost like we're on the moon. It was hard staying focused on school when I was trying to plan a wedding. JK, not about staying focused, but let's be honest, my mom planned my whole wedding, which is why it was perfect.
My sweet angel friends threw me the prettiest bridal shower in the land. I couldn't have asked for a happier, cuter, Ynna-er shower. They included all my favorite things and colors and I will forever be grateful for their kindness.
I graduated from Brigham Young University with a bachelor's degree in Communication Disorders. This was a sad and happy day because I LOVE BYU. Seriously. Go Cougars. But now that school was over I could obsessively work out and plan my wedding for real.
May-August was the best summer of my life. I stayed in Provo for a month after graduation to work and play with my friends. Many sailing and lake trips occurred. If you've never spent a summer in Provo, then idk. It's the happiest time.
Mona Lake forever. These are some great summer pals. It was around this time we found out that Preston got a job in Dallas, Texas and finalized our post-wedding plans after months of uncertainty. We were very thankful for that blessing.
BABY KYLIE GOT MARRIED JUNE 8. It was such a gorgeous and glamorous day and I felt so privileged to be a part of it. Kylie was a vision and my heart was full for her and Danny.
I went home after Kylie's wedding to help with my own wedding preparations and went through the temple June 15!! The Washington, D.C. temple is my favorite and holds such a special place in my heart. I was so happy I got to take out my endowments at that temple 6 days before the best day.
I married my sweetheart on June 21. The day was perfect and I was surrounded with the people I love most. I'll never be able to adequately express how wonderful it is to be sealed to your spouse for time and all eternity. Happiest, happiest day of 2013.
We went to Bermuda for our honeymoon and it was a glorious time. Bermie is beautiful and I highly recommend it as a vacation spot to anyone.
Came back to Provo to move our stuff and celebrate the 4th in the best place to do it. This was the happiest and saddest 4th of July because it was so fun to be reunited with our besties but seriously heartbreaking to say goodbye to everyone. Provo will forever be one of my favorite towns because of the memories it holds for me.
We drove to Dallas, Texas on July 5 and arrived on the 6th. This is us opening the door to our new apartment for the first time.
Right after moving, we unpacked everything we owned, bought a mattress, and flew to Vancouver, British Columbia for reception #2. It was also my first time seeing Preston's hometown. BC is incredibly beautiful and pleasant in the summer. If we could have a summer home there, I would be ok. 

After a week in Vancouver, we came back and started our lives in Dallas. I was unemployed for a few weeks and spent those weeks looking for jobs and arranging our little home. Many trips to Target and Ikea were made and our wedding gifts all came to good use. Thank you again for everyone who gave us anything for our wedding. It made me realize how generous and sweet the people in our lives are. 
We spent weekends exploring our new city and trying not to melt in the heat. In August I attended one of the last shows the Jonas Brothers ever performed. It was very sad and nostalgic, but also so much fun because it brought back memories of high school and my unhealthy obsession with those three. RIP JB.
I found two jobs working at a nearby cupcake shop and J.Crew. It keeps me busy, but I'm thankful for both of them. Hopefully I'll be in grad school this fall but we shall see. October was a super eventful month because I became a United States citizen!! What a great day it was for me. I truly love America. We also went to the State Fair of Texas, dressed up as Mr. and Mrs. Fox for Halloween and I went to the hospital after getting a concussion! 
Our friends came to visit us at the beginning of November. Oh how we miss you guys. These couple of days were fun and I look forward to our next reunion.
I turned 22 on the 27th and then we cooked our first Thanksgiving meal together. It turned out beautifully and I am still so proud and impressed with us.
We went to Austin for the remainder of Thanksgiving break and ate our way through that weird city. I wouldn't mind living there because it is super hip and cool.
We just got back from a lovely Christmas break spent in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. While we were home we visited Philadelphia, New York City and tried to soak up as much of Lancaster's charm. I always love coming home and being with my family and it was especially hard to leave them this year, but I'm thankful we got to spend the holidays together.
New Year's Eve was spent in Dallas going hard at 3LAU. I think we had to prove to ourselves that we are still cool enough to go to EDM shows and stay up past midnight. I never caught the EDM bug as much as Preston did, but I thoroughly enjoyed myself this night. We said goodbye to 2013 with a bunch of sweaty, drunk Texans and greeted 2014 with many fist pumps.

So this is the new year and I don't feel any different. 

No comments:

Post a Comment