Pages

Thursday, May 8, 2014

met gala 2014

I love the Met Gala because I feel like it's a highlight reel of fashion week. It's who's who in fashion and pop culture coming together to see who can look the flyest. Not really but a little bit. It's also my favorite thing when celebs go with the designer of their look as their date. This year's exhibit is "Charles James: Beyond Fashion." Here are my favorites from this year's Met Gala:

RiRi in Stella McCartney looking like a fierce space queen. I'm hesitant, but I gotta say it's my favorite look of the night // Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds in Gucci making everyone re-think their self-worth // Vera Wang and Joan Smalls in Vera, Joan rocking that purple lip like no one else
Karen Elson, Zac Posen and Dita von Teese in Zac Posen, really I'm in love with Karen Elson's dress- such a beautiful silhouette and I can't get enough of blush this spring/summer // Hailee Steinfeld with Prabal Gurung in a custom gown by Prabal, too cute. Hailee has been doing such a good job dressing age appropriate, while managing to look refined and sophisticated. Big fan of her red carpet looks // Suki Waterhouse in Burberry. If I were to have another wedding, this would be my dress in ivory
Karlie Kloss in Oscar de la Renta. Another favorite of the evening. She gets #3. KK is flawless // Kristen Wiig in Wang with Alexander Wang. Here's an example of going with the designer date. Not a huge fan of Kristen's look, but a huuuuge fan of Kristen and A.Wang // Lily Aldridge in Michael Kors. Very close contender for favorite look of the night and my #2. Lily is too pretty for words and I never say no to head-to-toe metallic.
Chanel Iman in custom Topshop with A$AP Rocky in Topman. Very impressed with the custom Topshop looks of the evening. Kendall Jenner and Zoe Kravitz also opted for custom Topshop. I love seeing the stunners from the runways this season, but I also like when celebs go for the more wearable and affordable // Lily Donaldson in Burberry. How to do summer whites if you're a supermodel // Chrissy Teigen and John Legend in Ralph Lauren. Can you guys just not? Chrissy is my #4 of the night.

So that's what I thought about the Met Gala. Recap of my top 4: 1) Rihanna in Stella McCartney 2) Lily Aldridge in Michael Kors 3) Karlie Kloss in Oscar de la Renta 4) Chrissy Teigen in Ralph Lauren

Hope you enjoyed the prettiness as much as me.

No comments:

Post a Comment