Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

met gala 2015

Last night was probably my favorite night in fashion. The Metropolitan Museum of Art debuted their newest exhibit, "China: Through the Looking Glass," which explored the impact of Chinese aesthetics on Western fashion. I love the Met Ball/Gala (what do I call it?) because celebs and designers alike wear the most outrageous, beautiful couture, designers go as dates and it's an all-around feast for the eyes. These were my favorite looks from last night.

I am impressed when a guest is able to capture the theme of the evening and also be a showstopper and Rihanna did that for me in her Guo Pei masterpiece. She was definitely the most regal. Ok haters, I thought Kim and dat @$$ looked great in Peter Dundas for Roberto Cavalli. I think it was the feathers that did it for me. Kendall Jenner looks ravishing in her Calvin Klein Collection jeweled sheath. Honestly I crush so hard on Kendall. Homegirl is stunning and has my favorite body type in the industry.
Amanda Seyfriend played it safe in Givenchy Haute Couture but I thought she looked lovely. I didn't hate Miley in Alexander Wang. I think it was the jutting hipbones for me. Amal Amal Amal. Like seriously George who?? She blew my mind in that John Galliano for Maison Margiela.
Brie Larson, Courtney Eaton and Annabelle Wallis killed it in Dolce & Gabbana but my favorite look of the night goes to Courtney Eaton in the gold, headpiece and all. There's something about the cut of that dress, the gold disc pattern and her angelic headband that made me want it all. For me, when Anna Wintour entered the scene was when "the queen" entered. This is the Met Gala people, and she's the editor-in-chief of American Vogue. Come on. I thought she slayed in Chanel. And then Lily was too pretty for words. Another one of my favorite faces in the industry, she looked ethereal in this simple Carolina Herrera. You know I'm a sucker for ruffles and the ruffled bottom with the pale icy blue/grey and keyhole neckline was too much. Also it's Lily Aldridge.
And because I worship her and Prabal, I had to include my girl Kristen Wiig. Another really safe, borderline boring choice, I still thought she looked radiant and lovely in this pale yellow Prabal Gurung gown. 
Honorable mentions go to: Beyonce's ponytail, Alexa Chung in Erdem, Poppy Delevingne in Marchesa and Bee Shaffer in Alexander McQueen.

No comments:

Post a Comment