Pages

Friday, January 1, 2016

top 20 songs of 2015

 20. The Ghosts of Beverly Drive- Death Cab for Cutie
Death Cab is one of my favorite bands of all time and "Kintsugi" was good. It wasn't "Plans" or "Transatlanticism" but nothing will ever be. This was my favorite song off the album.

19. Mine (Michael Keenan Remix)- Phoebe Ryan feat. Skizzy Mars
I am a sucker for breathy female vocals and synth featuring rap verses.

18. This Must Be the Place (Naive Melody)- Iron & Wine and Ben Bridwell 
When I first heard of this collab I became giddy at the possibilities. The album itself was unremarkable, but I loved this sweet little ballad and anything Sam Beam touches.

17. Clean- Ryan Adams
Like most of the 15 year old girls stoked for this album, I only heard a few things here and there from Ryan Adams, but I did know he had a super loyal fan base of people whose music tastes I share. I think Ryan's version of "Clean" demonstrated how Taylor Swift is a true lyricist. I loved it when Taylor did it and loved it even more when Ryan did.

16. When We Were Young- Adele
If Adele didn't make your list this year, do you live under a rock? She's back and still has that mind-numbingly perfect voice that orchestrated numerous solo performances in my car.

15. Kamikaze- MØ
Kinda ethnic sounding but I am at a loss for which ethnicity. This song is way cute and happy.

14. Only One- Kanye West feat. Paul McCartney
Remember when this came out and people were like, "who's Paul, he's pretty good." This song is so tender and sweet and so far from everything Yeezus and I liked seeing that different side of Kanye. Technically it was dropped NYE 2014 but that's pretty close to 2015 so I'm including it.

13. Show Me the Way- Penguin Prison
It's just so good and danceable.

12. Unknown Song- Milky Chance feat. Paulina Eisenberg
When I first heard this song, and still every time I hear it, I don't know what to think. I try finding a comparison and can't but just know that I love its laidback feel.

11. Until You Were Gone- The Chain Smokers & Tritonal feat. Emily Warren
Pop dance happy beats.

10. Electric Love- BØRNS
Lyrics sweet like candy and just a feel good jam.

9. Where Are Ü Now- Skrillex, Diplo & Justin Bieber
Justin Bieber had one of my favorite albums of the year. I think this was the first preview of the album and after my first listen, I knew I beliebed.

8. John My Beloved- Sufjan Stevens
Such a gorgeous album. I got to see him perform this live and I silently wept during its entirety.

7. Yeah You- Freedom Fry
This is the cutest song on my list I think because I want to have a wedding reception just to use this as the first dance song.

6. Gibraltar- Beirut
I remember first hearing this and smiling while thinking, "I just love Beirut."

5. Sorry- Justin Bieber
Sorry that Biebs made my list twice but this song is dope and so is the music video.

4. California- Grimes
"Art Angels" was my favorite album of 2015. Grimes is too freaking cute and weird not to love and I couldn't decide between this song and the next one so I put them both because they are both that good to me. This is the stuff of pop dreams.

4. Flesh Without Blood- Grimes
^^

2. FourFiveSeconds- Rihanna, Kanye West & Paul McCartney
I still don't know what 'wiling' is but I had this on repeat for a month when it came out. As soon as RiRi hits that first note, I lose it.

1. Tempted- Giorgio Moroder feat. Matthew Koma
There is something about this easily missed disco gem from Giorgio Moroder's "Deja Vu" album that instantly puts me in a good mood and has me singing shamelessly along.

No comments:

Post a Comment