Pages

Monday, April 18, 2016

little ynna, long run

On Saturday I ran my first marathon! It was the Irving Marathon and it was super hard but Cheryl helped me through the last six miles when I thought I would have to crawl to the finish. 

I have always wanted to run a marathon and before training tried to run 5-6 times a week in the mornings for exercise. I toyed with the idea of doing a half marathon but somehow Cheryl (who has run many marathons and was basically my trainer via text message) convinced me to sign up for the full. So I started training in January and ran 20 miles and slow jogged/trotted/walked/whimpered 6.2.
I have always admired marathoners, but after experiencing one for myself, I have a newfound admiration for them. It's effing hard and my body has never felt like it had nothing left to give like it did the last six miles. But everything they say about how great you feel (mentally) at the end is true. I was so proud of myself! Even though my time wasn't great and even though I had to walk, I still did it and that was the only goal I had for myself. And now I'm honestly more motivated than ever to do another one just to try and improve from this one. Shoutout to Cheryl for helping me train and answering all my annoying questions and responding to every text after a long run. Shoutout to Preston for waking up early to drive us and sticking around to see us run and finish and for only getting a little annoyed with me on Saturdays for not wanting to do anything but eat and sleep after long runs. And shoutout to everyone who laughed at me when I told them I was doing a marathon and asked if I've ever done a half and I said no. Joke's on you hehe.

My slow poke stats^ But I did it!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! so so proud of you, there is nothing harder. cutest blog post title ever <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so awesome!! I was supposed to do a half two weekends ago and chickened out... but you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete