Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2016

march madness

This post isn't about my bracket (which beat Preston's) but about the crazy month that was March. The first week was spent cruising around the Bahamas. We started our trip in Miami (pictured above) and stopped in Nassau, Coco Cay, Key West and ended up back in Miami.
We went with Grady, Molly, Chad and Michelle and had the best time lying in the sun and eating way too much. This is us in Coco Cay.
 Here's another one in Coco Cay. This was taken before or after we saw a shark!!
This was taken right before my favorite part of the trip which was swimming with a sea turtle!!! If you could hear me underwater it would just be me squealing. This was in Key West. 
I visited Ellie in my favorite part of Texas- Austin. We attended a jogger's brunch hosted by Outdoor Voices and met the CEO and now I'm in love with her and want to be her BFF. This is us being awkward.
Supposedly the best BBQ in the world and I've wanted to try it since we moved to Texas. No one (Preston) ever wants to wait five hours with me so I took advantage of my solo Austin trip to go. I got in line at 6:40 AM, was tenth in line and sat down to eat at 11:30. It was super delicious and the line didn't feel that long 'cause I got a lot of reading done and wasn't subjected to awful small talk.
Last weekend we went camping in the Grand Canyon with our friends Kev and Rachel Nemelka. It was awesome even though the last 3 miles of the Grand Canyon hike Preston asked me how I was doing and I glared at him and said, "THIS SUCKS." But really it was beautiful and I'm happy we did it.
The first night we camped in the Grand Canyon and the second night we camped in Sedona and hiked around there on Sunday. That was pretty beautiful as well and not as hard. We had the best time with Kev and Rachel.

Happy April everyone! I am spending this first weekend listening to the words of Latter-day prophets and other amazing men and women called of God via the 186th General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I invite you to join me. I promise you will leave feeling inspired, happier and wanting to be a better human being.

No comments:

Post a Comment