Pages

Thursday, May 6, 2010

enter, summer 2010


My summer officially began on April 23. Because of our lack of spring break and ridiculously short Christmas break, the last day of finals was April 21. The 2 extra days in Provo nearly killed me, but I managed to pack up my entire life in too many boxes and two small suitcases. Things I learned during the packing process:
1) You have way more stuff than you think you do.
2) As if charging $20 a bag isn't enough, Delta on-flight snacks suck and they don't have Dr. Pepper.
3) Different scales say different things. For example, after Jadyn and I dragged our suitcases to the RB to weigh them (cue laughter), we were both celebrating when we discovered our luggage weighed under 50 lbs. (49.8 for me, 45 for Jadyn). To our dismay, we were both over by 2 lbs. when we weighed them at the Delta check-in.

After 3 hours or something, we arrived in the Philadelphia airport and now I am home, in beautiful Lancaster- home of consistent weather patterns and the lovable Amish.
I was so excited to come home, but I guess I forgot to factor in the fact that a) no one else is home b) I don't have a car or license to drive myself anywhere. So my days have been very routine and bland. Dolly is pushing me to apply to every business in Lancaster County. So far I applied and got the job at J. Crew (!!!) have an interview for the Cork Factory Hotel tomorrow, and am waiting to hear from Abercrombie & Fitch (more laughter). Ok, so the whole A&F deal. I'm walking out of my interview at J. Crew and some guy comes up to me and asks if I would like to model for Abercrombie. After some laughter from both my mother and me, I filled out his little card thing and applied online when I got home. K so like, I haven't bought anything at Abercrombie in 2 years, so I was kinda winging it during my interview when they asked "What I liked about the brand" and "What made it unique." Basically if I get the job though, I get to stand in the front of the store in overpriced clothing and say "Hey, what's up" to incoming customers. Thrilling, I know. Ummm I start J. Crew on Saturday and based on the current summer line at the outlets, I need another job because I will be spending 85% of my earnings in that store. The end.

Almost forgot to acknowledge the Gilmore Girls pic of Rory and Jess. (The best GG couple of all time). Since I've been home, I've been alternating working out with my mom at the Y. She introduced me to kickboxing class (my fave), boot camp (the worst) and today, spin class. I really like it, especially the kickboxing. But on days when I can't go with her to class, I run on the elliptical while watching an episode of GG. So satisfying.
This spread just seems summery to me and I'm still not over the SS10 knotted dresses at Burberry.

I'm quite bored, but I'm glad to be home and would NOT rather be in Utah. Hopefully all my jobs will work out and I'll be able to keep myself busy. This summer doesn't seem too eventful, except for our annual family beach week and the 23079093 concerts I want to go to. Ok not really, but here's the dream lineup:
1) Jonas Brothers- Go ahead, mock all you want, but I love me some musical brothers<3
2) John Mayer- I think this goes without explanation
3) Lady Gaga- This would just be insanity. But of all the ones, this has a .003% of happening which makes me sad. (Also, as a result of my extreme boredom I learned the Bad Romance choreography from a Youtube video. Yikes)
4) Tay Swift- Also low percentage of happening, but I heard she's bad live, but still I want to experience her.
5) Greg Laswell- Kinda random, but I recently got into him this past year. He does amazing covers and I am now realizing that he was the guy that accompanied Ingrid Michaelson on her tour. I had the privilege of seeing her in SLC in October and loveddd it. And these are probably the cheapest tickets of my lineup. Greg also sings one of my top 10 favorite songs- The One I Love. (They played it on the airplane before we boarded and I started freaking out internally because usually airplane songs, if not already overplayed radio music, are on the list of "to-be-played-incessantly-on-local-radio-stations" songs. Which makes me sad. Like when they started playing Matt Nathanson on the radio.)

I really wanted to go to Lollapalooza this summer, but the lineup isn't worth $200, so I'm waiting until a better year, but Gaga and The XX will be playing which hurts my heart. A lot of the bands I've been wanting to see are either not touring, came to PA while I was in UT or will come to PA when I leave. So, so sad.

Bee-tee-dubz: I'm sure you (my huuuge audience) are thinking, "Wow, this girl has really crappy taste in music," based on my summer lineup list, but I promise I don't! Check my sidebox! Haha, but seriously. I love bubblegum pop, but I would say the majority of my favorite bands/singers would be classified as indie/alternative. Yep, I used the I word. Better than the H word. (So sick of this scene btw. If you don't know the H word, it's probz better that way).

Wow, totes almost forgot to mention one of the biggest time consumers of my summer. The iPod. My iPod stopped responding to my laptop a month into school so I was forced to add new songs to my phone, which is annoying. I'm a little bit obsessed with my iPod, in the fact that everything, down to the album art, must be meticulously perfect. No repeat artists, no misspellings, same album artwork for all songs, and song+artist+album is preferable. I had a lovely collection of 3000+ songs, perfectly organized and at my listening disposal. I brought the iPod into Apple along with my laptop and I've come to the conclusion that Apple's solution for all problems is delete everything. So I lost all my songs. And I have a nice collection in my iTunes, but since my laptop is less than a year old, I had way more songs on my iPod. So that was a 10 minute explanation for this statement: I lost all my songs and I've been spending many hours adding and organizing my blank iPod. The process is slow, and I keep randomly remembering songs (Someone to Call My Lover- Janet Jackson) I need to add, but now that my iTunes is working and everything, I think this should be the last time I lose everything.

Sidenote: The new William Fitzsimmons album is tres magnifique, go get it now.

K wow, this entry is huge. Sorry.
Ok, so amidst the thousands of dollars I want to spend on J. Crew's summer line, I would like to set aside a small amount for these beauties. Pierre Hardy for Gap, yo. I've been looking for the perfect wedge sandal for this summer, and with my height, the bigger the better. Most of the affordable ones I've been finding have a cork heel, which I'm not particularly fond of. Ideally, I would want a brown/beige sandal with a large wooden wedge like this. I think I might like these wedges even more though. I love the color and simplicity of the style, but I'm kinda most obsessed with that bow. Grey and floral and pretty!

Gap collaborations are always genius, and this is no exception. Still waiting for Marc Jacobs and Christopher Bailey to create a sundress less than $100 for me!

K, I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment