Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

here comes a feeling you thought you'd forgotten

It's 4:40 AM and I'm absolutely giddy because the day I've been looking forward to since I left Lancaster on August 28 has finally arrived. I have spent an entire semester memorizing every bone, muscle and organ of the human body. Too many hours I've pretended to be a United Nations delegate. I have failed more than my share of pop quizzes regarding vocal nodules and pediatric hearing loss. Every night this week has been consumed with 10+ hours in the library. (I blame this entry's poor writing skills on the fact that my entire history final consisted of meaningless essays, including one asking how I would choose to design a building. I may or may not have drawn a picture.) But it's over. Finals are over. Fall semester is over. School is over, until January. I am done. Done, done, done. My flight leaves SLC at 9:55 A.M. and arrives in Philly at 4:16 P.M. The flight itinerary I turned to for comfort whenever I wanted to cry about school is actually coming to pass. I'm going home for the holidays :)
I can't wait to be back in Lancaster. Christmas break in college is so different from Christmas break in high school. There's absolutely nothing to do. Exams are over. No projects are looming over you. Everything is done and the only thing to worry about is getting new textbooks for winter semester. I can't wait to sleep and eat real, healthy, delicious food. I can't wait to watch hours of Gilmore Girls and browse the Spring 2011 RTW shows I've diligently ignored. I can't wait until CHRISTMAS MORNING. I'm just so happy. And exhausted.

...my flight leaves in 4 hours and 50 minutes and I love airports.

No comments:

Post a Comment