Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

oscar 2011 favorites

My favorite part about award shows is the gowns. I love looking at all the spring and fall runways and picking out my favorite eveningwear, and what I would have worn to the Golden Globes/Oscars/Emmys. This year, I wasn't able to watch the Oscars which I'm a little bit sad about since my boyfriend (James Franco) was hosting. However, I did still pick out my favorite looks.
What up Best Actress!? One of my ultimate girl crushes, Natalie Portman took home the one of the most coveted awards and looked beautiful doing it. I loved her purple Rodarte choice because it looks incredibly flattering on her. When stars are pregnant, they can either choose to accentuate the bump with a form fitting gown, or go voluminous and kind of hide it. I prefer the second method, and so does Natalie. She looked radiant. And she's the best actress of 2011 :)

I'm in love with the cloud-like chiffon at the bottom of Halle Berry's Marchesa gown. Marchesa gowns are always so magical to me and they really exemplify Hollywood glamour. She looked flawless.
This chick is 15! And she looks it, which is why I picked her as another favorite. When young stars walk the red carpet, I think they always look prettiest when they look their age. This Marchesa is the perfect fit and is elegant, while remaining playful. And look at her cute headband. Go Hailee!

I guess when you're the supermodel girlfriend of Matthew Mcconaughey, you have to look this sexy. Camila Alves owned this Dolce & Gabbana dress.
Loved Hilary Swank in feathers by Gucci. This was initially my favorite look, and I think it still is, although I agree with the comment on a previous website that feathers and sequins is overdone at award shows. But I still think it's so much fun and one of the best feather-and-sequins ensembles I've seen.

I love Mila Kunis and can't wait to see Black Swan once it comes to the dollar theater here. I'm not a fan of lavender, but I thought this Elie Saab was such an interesting silhouette. My mom made the comment that it makes me look like she has a muffintop, which I semi-agree with, but I still think she looked lovely.
Maybe it's her role as Margot Tenenbaum that will be permanently engrained in my mind, but I love Gwyneth Paltrow. And I love sparkle and Calvin Klein. So I love this. So simple, but really pretty. And she can rock the center part, a skill that if a girl can do, automatically makes me so jealous.

This was one of my mom's favorite looks, and I really love it as well. I'm never a huge fan of velvet, but I think Maria Menounos looks so elegant in this simple sheath by Johanna Johnson. (Never heard of her!) I love the wrist detail on the sleeve.
And how about an Oscar for most costume changes of the night? Rachel Zoe probably peed her pants styling Anne Hathaway this year. I thought she looked really fabulous in everything, even the Lanvin suit. (Which she paired with great heels!) The gold Oscar de la Renta fringe gown and burgundy Atelier Versace were my absolute favorites though. Both were just standout out glamour to me. I'm so glad she chose Oscar for at least one of her outfit changes. I feel like he always deserves a nod at any awards show. And I know I say that every time I mention Oscar. And the Versace sequin design is so unique to me, and incredibly sexy. I really love her hairstyle with the Versace as well. I don't normally think Anne is that pretty, but she looked gorgeous that night!

No comments:

Post a Comment