Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

for a minute there i lost myself

I anticipate a lot more frequent blog entries because of my lack of having anything to do in Lancaster.

Last week was spent at Deep Creek Lake, Maryland. It was beautiful and relaxing as always and I also celebrated Maren's 20th birthday. Happy birthday honey! It's weird that my best friend is 20. You know what else is weird? The fact that my student summary on the Route Y says "Junior." When did I become a junior in college? It baffles me.
Sometime last week I watched "No Strings Attached" starring the perfect Natalie Portman and not-at-all-as-perfect Ashton Kutcher. I'm not sure why, but I'm obsessed with this movie. I honestly think Natalie Portman's performance was perfect. She was so goofy and weird and I'm obsessed with her and kind of wanted to date her after I saw it for the first time. "Friends With Benefits" is supposed to come out soon and I feel like it is the exact same premise as this one. I love Mila Kunis and JT, but Natalie is my ultimate girl crush. It's my new go-to feel good film. I'm not sure what that says about me if my feel good film is about a relationship based solely on sex, but I'm ok with it. Judge me.

I won't lie, being home is kind of boring. I filled out some paperwork for J. Crew today but I won't be starting for another 2 weeks or so. I'm not sure how I plan on spending on my time. Oh wait, yes I do. My hard drive crashed a few weeks ago. I lost everything. It still hurts my heart to think about it. Mainly I am most concerned about all of the music I lost. I will be recovering those files. Also, I kept meticulous record of fashion shows and fashion weeks. Like I saved my favorite looks from all the fall/winter, spring/summer, resort, etc. shows and labeled them precisely and I lost all of that as well. I will probably be recovering that too and writing reviews as I reminisce on my favorite shows. It's gonna suck when I have to buy an external hard drive. Any purchase that's not clothes or books sucks to me.

Things to do this summer:
1) Visit Jadyn in Boston.
2) Visit Sean in D.C.
3) Re-read the entire Harry Potter series (I'm on book 3)
4) Recover my music/fashion files
5) Get fit again
6) Shadow a speech therapist
7) Find a car for school
8) Find a maxi skirt that does not dwarf me
9) See Bon Iver (this is happening in August!!!!)
10) Read all of F. Scott Fitzgerald's work
11) Read better books in general
12) Finish The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo series (1 more)

There's more to this list I'm sure.

1 comment: