Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

she refused to be bored, chiefly because she wasn't boring

My brother is at Boy Scout camp, so it's only my sister, me and my parents at home. I dragged the whole family to Midnight in Paris last night. I think it was a sweet movie, but I'm not sure it was worth the $10 movie ticket. I thought the story was cute, and I love Owen Wilson and Rachel McAdams. If anything, the scenery was so pretty. My dad (who hated the movie) thought the whole movie looked like a postcard. I did enjoy all of the costumes and the whole 'Paris in the 20's' premise. It was kind of slow and the whole thing was pretty goofy. I do really want to read all of Fitzgerald's work now, more than ever. Currently I am in the beginning of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and should be done re-reading the series by July 15 at midnight :)
I did fall in love with this dress and Marion Cotillard. I think she has such interesting features and such a sultry voice that combined make her so pretty. I kept whispering to my sister the whole time how cute I thought she was. And she was darling in the movie. Really. And I want to know the designers of the costumes. I really loved the flapper dresses and how sparkly and simple they were. There's nothing I would rather wear than an above the knee shift dress.

I kind of want to get tortoise shell glasses. I like the size of mine, but I kind of want different colored frames. But then I change my mind and decide I like black. It' like that with cutting my hair. For a few hours every couple of days, I am convinced that I will get layers in my hair and bangs. And then I change my mind. I've had the same haircut since middle school. I really do love my hair, I just wonder if it would look better if I added some variation. I'm going to the beach next week. I can't wait. And lately, I have been listening to Radiohead's OK Computer on repeat. Seriously one of my favorite albums. I still like The Bends a little better though...

2 comments:

  1. I'm totally the same way with hair. I decide I'm going to die it or cut it off and then I sleep on it and decide against it. Glad to know I'm not alone.

    P.S. love your blog

    ReplyDelete