Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

looking at the mutated skyline

There's something about my end of the year blog entries that gets me more traffic than normal. So remember last entry I quoted Jack Cazir about books and girls? Check it out, he tweeted at me the other day! Isn't that cool? Jack writes for Thought Catalog, a digital magazine that I WORSHIP. Thought Catalog is a brilliant conglomeration of articles about culture, dating, life etc. I think what makes it great is it verbalizes all of the things we've been thinking or wanting to say but don't know how to or are too embarrassed to. Anyway. Thanks for the tweet Jack. You can read all of his article here.
 Today I saw The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. I was a little apprehensive when I heard that they were making an American version, because I thought the Swedish versions were already so good. I've read and loved all of the books, especially the first one. This film is excellent. I think one of the best ones of 2011, but I really haven't seen that many. The casting was perfect, especially Rooney Mara. She was incredible and deserves a Best Actress nomination or something. This movie was extremely cool. All the clothes were very cool, the scenery was beautiful, the homes and interiors were cool- it was just a very cool movie. Wish I had a more eloquent way to describe it. It was extremely violent and graphic though, so don't see it if that sort of thing makes you queasy or uncomfortable. This $@#% cray.

This is probably my last entry of 2k11. I had such a lovely year and consider myself so lucky and blessed. Thanks for reading and commenting. It seriously brightens my day when people tell me how much they like/read my blog in person. I'm so flattered! Thanks again. Have a safe and happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment