Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

the bittersweet between my teeth

Can you believe March is nearly over?? I am so HUNGRY for summer, I have no better way to put it. I want hot weather, minimal clothing, chlorine hair and tan. This semester is taking forever and going so quickly at the same time. I'm registering for classes in a couple of days and after spring semester I only need to take 4 more classes for my major and 1 more GE and I will have completed my BYU undergraduate education. Wait what? Yeah. It's the strangest thing to think about.

This weekend has been my favorite I've had in a while. Preston and I rode bikes to the park and had a picnic on Saturday and laid in the grass all afternoon. We rode bikes some more and watched an excellent movie at night. (Movie was Crash. It won best picture in 2004 and I recommend it to everyone). After church on Sunday we watched basketball and I experimented making a new dinner that did not use rice. It turned out well. Lately I have been looking up recipes via realsimple.com. My mom would get the magazine when I was in high school and would sometimes make things out of it. I've spent an embarrassing amount of time looking up recipes. Another reason why I will never get a Pinterest; after looking at recipes/pictures of food I was RAVENOUS. We rode bikes some more on Sunday night. I forgot how nice it is to go on bike rides. It reminded me of when I was in elementary school and biking around my neighborhood til late (9) at night. I had a pink sparkly bike with streamers. I am on the hunt for my own bike now. I wouldn't mind a pink sparkly bike with streamers again. Below is me riding Rique's cute blue bike. I smile just looking at these instagrams and thinking about this weekend. I hope to make it a regular occurrence when the weather is permanently warm.
One of my favorite things about summer is summer fashion. Personally, I think I look a lot better in summer clothes than winter clothes. I'd wear a sundress every day if I lived in a place that allowed it. Summer fashion is also my #1 work out motivation. Some things I would like for summer 2k12:
-navy Sperrys
-mint green pants
-new swimsuit, preferably seersucker or some sort of nautical print
-nude pumps
-Aztec print dress or romper
-coral lipstick
I am obsessed with the above print. It's Iekeliene Stange for Marc by Marc Jacobs spring/summer 2007. It's currently my desktop and Twitter background, Path cover and if Facebook ever reverts me to timeline automatically, it will be my FB cover as well. Also obsessed with "Young Blood" by The Naked and Famous. I made a playlist with 6 different versions of it and play it on repeat. Sounds like summer. One more thing- Coachella is in less than a month! WHAT AM I GOING TO WEAR?!

No comments:

Post a Comment