Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

too weird to live too rare to die

Today this dress came up on my Tumblr feed and I literally gasped. This is one of, if not my favorite J.Crew dress of all time. I can't get enough of the ruffled collar. I had a homecoming dress made with the collar and I bought a short sleeve wool dress with the same collar. And so I did some research. And I found the catalog it came from. (January 2008). Then I found the name of the dress. THEN I FOUND IT. I found it on eBay AND GUESS HOW MANY THERE ARE? ONE. Ask me what size it is. MY SIZE. So I should buy it right? I really shouldn't, but I should right? There's only one! In my size!! From 2008!!!! It's perfect and silk and long sleeved and crazy. I really adore this dress. And I know I will be thinking about it until the auction ends. And then after if I don't buy it. I will probably buy it. I can't not buy it. It's like it was made for me, you know? DOES ANYONE GET ME????

Interesting fact: I wanted to title this post after lyrics from Frank Ocean's "Lost," because it's my favorite song on Channel Orange. I was reading through lyrics and the ones I chose sounded the coolest. After looking them up I learned that they are really popular lines from Hunter S. Thompson's Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, a book I read last summer. Cool huh?
Here is another absolute gem from the catalog. J.Crew is perfect.

In other news I am moved out of my apartment kind of. My management was kind enough (weird) to let me store things until the 22nd of this month. Also my sweet angel boyfriend Preston Kutney cleaned 95% of my apartment and moved 100% of my things last night while I was at work. I wanted to tweet/Path about it but he hates both forms of social media and sometimes reads this blog when he's bored. 

This hellish week is almost over! One more day of working 8 hours. The Awful Waffle is officially open for business, so everyone should stop by and try it out. It's glam and chic and there's gelato. 

Summer is dwindling down and it makes my heart heavy. Here are some things I would like to do before school starts:
1) Go to an aquarium
2) Take a serious practice GRE. Essay portion and everything and only using the allotted time
3) Make another great IDP and dance with all my friends when they're back
4) Swim in a body of water that is not a swimming pool
5) Read 2 more books so I will have read at least 10 this summer (list + reviews to follow)
6) Hike a hike I've never hiked

2 comments:

  1. hike stewart falls! its pretty and theres water at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ynna- I am friends with the Kentlands ward girls from Maryland and I read your blog from time to time through Juliet's blog reel. GET THAT JCREW DRESS!! I bought it back in 2008 due to personal tie to the significance of the print title and I am so glad I did. One of my all time favorite purchases from J.Crew. And I worked there and had access to all sorts of stuff at great prices...so trust me on this opinion. BUY BUY! You won't regret it.

    ReplyDelete