Pages

Saturday, November 10, 2012

lend me your wispy frame

 Guess what I did this week? I had to renew my passport for grad school things and to renew a Philippine passport you need to go to the actual consulate. The closest one to Provo is in LA, but once in LA, I would have no way of getting around, so I flew home. It was a spontaneous, much-needed break. I always start to miss home a lot when Thanksgiving time rolls around and it was such a treat to spend a few days in Lancaster. I had a pretty action-packed few days. Tuesday I flew all day. Wednesday saw my babies and then we took a train to New York that evening. Thursday we went to the consulate and renewed our passports. We did that first thing in the morning which left us a few hours to wander around the city. I didn't get to go to all the places I wanted, but it was fun just walking around and shopping for a little. Our train left at 3:30. We had a 2 hour layover in Philly and then arrived in Lancaster around 8. The 30th Street Station in Philly is a fun place. I don't know if I've said this before, but it is what I imagine King's Cross station to be like. I am probably very wrong, but that's ok. Friday I ran errands and shopped alone, which is one of my favorite activities. Today we woke up very early to go to the temple. It made me so happy to go to my favorite temple. It is a beautiful one. Now I am home, in bed, blogging and watching Gossip Girl. My flight leaves tomorrow morning.
Here's one of the only pictures I took in New York. In front of a giant naked statue. When we arrived in New York it was snowing hard, but by Thursday afternoon before we left, it had warmed up. It was nice in D.C. and in Lancaster. Apparently it's supposed to get warm again on the east coast but Provo had its first snow. And when I left Provo, it was 70 degrees. No warmth 4 Ynna.
This is what I wore to run errands yesterday. Ralph Lauren shirt, Zara jeans, J.Crew belt, Cole Haan loafers, Marc by Marc Jacobs bag, pseudo J.Crew necklace.

Seeing my family has been great. I'm so excited for Christmas break. Preston will be joining me which makes it doubly more exciting.

On the plane and to New York, I read Joshua Foer's Moonwalking With Einstein. It's a book about memory and Foer talks about his journey to the U.S. Memory Championship. It was a really interesting read and made me want to implement some of the skills he used to prepare for the Memory Championship in my own life. I recommend it. And I know I'm 4 months late, but I really love Purity Ring's debut album Shrines. They need to come to Salt Lake.

Luckily my flight gets into Salt Lake early evening, so I have time to lie around the house and not have to go straight to bed and back to reality in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment