Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2012

best of 2012

I love end-of-the-year lists. I've been thinking about and listening to these songs for the past couple weeks trying to compile a list of my absolute favorites. So here they are, my favorite songs from 2012:

20. Time to Run- Lord Huron
19. Anything Could Happen- Ellie Goulding
18. The Riot's Gone- Santigold
17. Belispeak- Purity Ring 
16. Nuclear Seasons- Charli XCX 
15. Thinking of You- Ke$ha 
14. Some Nights- fun. 
13. Neopolitan Dreams- Lisa Mitchell (Sound Remedy Remix)
12. Hold On When You Get Love- Stars
11. Don't Wake Me Up- Chris Brown (Panic City Remix) 
10. Primadonna- Marina + the Diamonds
9. Got Somebody- Moon Boots
8. Dirty Paws- Of Monsters and Men
7. Hollywood- RAC feat. Penguin Prison
6. Say My Name- Destiny's Child (Cyril Hahn Remix)
5. Losing You- Solange
4. We Got the World- Icona Pop
3. Lost- Frank Ocean 
2. Carried Away- Passion Pit (Viceroy Remix)
1. Die Young- Ke$ha

I know what you're thinking. TWO songs by Ke$ha? But they're so catchy guys. I want to see her in concert. Tried fighting how much I love "Die Young" but I can't. Every time it comes on I want to clap along and dance (I usually do) and I am always on the hunt for new remixes. There weren't very many albums that I got into, but I really fell in love with Purity Ring this year. I would love to see them as well. I define a good album by something I can listen to straight through without skipping. Here are my favorite albums of 2012:

4. Halcyon- Ellie Goulding
3. My Head is an Animal- Of Monsters and Men
2. Shrines- Purity Ring
1. Channel Orange- Frank Ocean

There you go, my favorite music from this year. I'd love to hear yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment