Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

comparison is the thief of joy

This video came up on my Tumblr feed this morning and it was just what I needed. Lately I've been feeling bad about myself. Little things happen that make me remember all the things that I am insecure/unhappy about with myself and I just dwell and dwell on it until my heart is so heavy and I'm so mad I want to burst. I had a whole post drafted about how you need to love yourself before you can love someone else and you're beautiful and blah blah blah but you get that in Relief Society every Sunday. I will say you are prettier/cooler/smarter/funnier than you think you are. If you think someone else is going to make all your insecurities go away and you'll suddenly feel pretty and good enough, you're wrong- that's on you. And finally, from Elder Holland's "To Young Women" talk from October 2005, "In the kingdom of God, the real you is more precious than rubies."  [or diamonds]
And a quote we all need to live by.

No comments:

Post a Comment