Pages

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

teach and preach and work as missionaries do

Today has been an emotional whirlwind because my little brother went into the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah this afternoon. I talked with him on the phone while he had lunch with Alyanna and Drew before he was dropped off. I wasn't home at the time, but when I got back I texted Alyanna about Nic's status and she responded that they had just dropped him off and a second after that my mom texted in our family group text "Can I talk to him?" That's about when the tears started and they've been going all afternoon and into the evening.

Don't get me wrong, I am so, so thrilled for Nic or I should say Elder Padilla. He is doing the very best thing he could possibly do with his life at this point and I know he will do great things. Today it just hit me that he will be serving the Lord full-time for two years and started this afternoon.
To make myself feel better, I decided to listen to the General Women's Meeting that happened last Saturday. I missed it because I was working, but couldn't think of a better way to make myself feel better than to hear from church leaders about how much the Lord loves me. The meeting started with a video which featured women all over the world talking about the blessings of the temple. They shared their favorite experiences and many talked about the wonderful opportunity of being sealed in the temple. I started crying a lot during this part because I thought about how missionaries make this possible by spreading the gospel. By bringing people to Christ, they bring families together forever. My own family joined the Church after 2 sister missionaries knocked on our door in Tennessee. It warmed my heart to think of how my brother will be making it possible for other families to be together forever. If you haven't had a chance to listen to the talks from this meeting, I highly suggest downloading them and listening to them in the car or something. They're excellent and so uplifting.

This was mainly for me to talk about my feelings because I have so many of them. I really couldn't be prouder of Elder Padilla and his willingness to serve. I know he will be a wonderful missionary and that he is a great disciple of Jesus Christ. Again, thank you, thank you, thank you full-time missionaries around the world, past, present and future. Your efforts have changed lives, mine included. Thank you also the families, teachers and friends who support these missionaries because missionary work couldn't happen without you.

Elder Padilla would love to hear from you. You can e-mail him at: padillaj@myldsmail.net or write him a letter:

Elder Jose Nicolas Padilla
Provo Missionary Training Center
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604

1 comment: