Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

mugler, viktor & rolf, lanvin, dior, chloe and balmain ss15

Tomorrow marks the end of the SS15 shows! Here are some of my favorites from Paris the last couple days.

Ok Mugler first, not because the collection was particularly stunning or original. To be honest, it was pretty safe, but sleek and Bond girl. Mugler because of the vision that is Karlie Kloss. Look at her in that third look. Those legs are 4 feet long people. Four. Feet. Long. I was big fan of the black and white palette of this collection, I thought it maintained the sleek minimal look. I also love the strappy sandals in looks 1 and 2.
Great dress and I mostly posted about Mugler to post the second picture in this series. Karlie closed the show in this fierce 2 piece and the fashion world had a heart attack or maybe it was just me. Look at herrrr. I love Karlie because she is rail thin, but in the healthiest way. It looks very natural and like she eats which you can't say for a lot of the popular girls in the industry.

Next was Viktor & Rolf which I thought was really fun, wearable and girly. The theme was exercise clothes illustrated by the spandex leggings and racing stripes.
My favorite look is probably the ice skater dress.
Lanvin is one of my favorite fashion houses. I think Alber Elbaz is a wizard when it comes to womenswear and does a great job making his customers look tastefully sexy. This show celebrated the 125th anniversary of the house and I thought Alber did a fantastic job pulling old and new influences for the house's anniversary collection.
This third look is my favorite from Lanvin. I love the gold toile fabric against the black and this short sleeved blazer.

Dior was very futuristic to me and space-y with the extra rounded silhouettes. Looking through this show was distracting because look at that front row! Mainly look at Miroslava Duma.
My favorite look is probably this turtleneck muu-muu and I can't explain why.

I looooved Chloe this season. LOVED. It was very bohemian and hippie flower child, which isn't normally my taste, but I thought the flowy dresses, minimal hair and makeup and lace-up gladiators were dreamy. I thought these first two gowns were so intricate with the chain detail.
Ok, second look in this series (the flying squirrel sweatsuit) is honestly one of my favorites from all of fall fashion week. No joke! I love this thing. It looks so cozy and chic and I love the color because it looks like faded denim. This is truly all I want for my birthday this year. Finally the little mustard frock was so sweet and girly to me and reminded me of a woodland fairy.
Enter the Balmain army. This show had the most bandeaus I've seen during fashion week. It was very sexy and very rock 'n roll. My favorite look is probably the blue criss cross dress, but I loved the Mondrian-esque fabrics that appeared towards the end.
Only a few more shows left and it's the REALLY big dogs so I'm very excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment