Pages

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

lfw & mfw 2015 highlights

We are rounding out the fall/winter shows in Paris and here is a very delayed take on my favorites from London and Milan.

I always have to say something about Burberry because it's my favorite fashion house and Christopher Bailey is one of my favorite designers. He became a father this year! Aww. Burberry was very 70s and colors and textures were rich throwbacks to hippie fringe and make love not war tapestries and tie dye. These three caramel colored pieces were my favorite from a sadly underwhelming show.
To be honest, I have never heard of Philipp Plein until the styledotcom snapchat of his show which HAD A ROLLERCOASTER IN IT. So I had to see what was up. This show was very rock and roll and tough. I liked the trashy party girl look of the first one with the luxe fur and mini dress. The next two reminded me of the cut-outs from Mugler SS 2015.
I snuck in a pic of the Phillip Plein army and then it was onto Prada. Prada was very much your grandma's fashion staples, but updated and kind of warped? I'm not sure the word I'm looking for but it was like if grandma was secretly doing cocaine with her girlfriends at bridge club. This bubblegum pink was everywhere and I loved it. I want my next winter coat to be some shade of pink.
Sportmax was a surprisingly good collection, not because they're always bad, but because it's another label I hardly view shows of, but decided to take a gander. My very favorite piece is the yellow dress in the first look. I love the volume and cut of it. Sportmax very much lived up to its name with sporty, practical pieces women can wear over and over.
Alberta Ferretti was very Italian Renaissance. Rich, intricate, elaborate and lots of jewel tones. I liked the structure of the first three looks I chose and almost severe shoulders in contrast to the ornate, almost gilded looks of the last two. Also very prominent throughout the show were the high necklines reminiscent of many Italian Renaissance couture.

No comments:

Post a Comment