Pages

Friday, September 2, 2016

naples and the amalfi coast

We flew from Santorini to Naples and spent a day and a half eating as much Neapolitan pizza as possible. I also wanted to spend a day in Naples because I recently finished Elena Ferrante's My Briliant Friend series which takes place in the countryside of Naples. This series is fantastic and I highly recommend it!!
In the above picture we are getting pizza to go from a place close our Airbnb. This was our second time and I think I looked so thrilled while watching them make the pizza that the employees invited us to take a picture in front of the oven.

(Fun fact: One time I worked at The Awful Waffle in Provo during my senior year at BYU. The Awful Waffle tried to serve every type of food imaginable including Neapolitan pizzas so I learned how to make them and use those fancy ovens. I don't think I'll ever be able to eat an American version of a Neapolitan pizza ever again).
Here's a picture from probably the most incredible Airbnb we've ever stayed at. This was right in the heart of Naples at the Palazzo dello Spagnolo. Our host was an amazing artist and a lot of the work throughout the apartment was hers. She also had an incredible book and musical instrument collection. Besides eating pizza, we did a lot of street watching. The traffic and driving are crazy in Naples but everyone manages to survive and I didn't see a single accident or fender bender.
After Naples we went to Agerola for a few days and beach hopped. This photo was taken our first day on the Amalfi Coast.
After one of the days we spent at the beach, we went to Villa Cimbrone in Ravello and toured the gardens. 
One day we hiked from Agerola to Amalfi via the Path of the Gods. The hike had gorgeous views like the one above and halfway there was a fresh juice stand which I think more hikes should incorporate.
One of the many little beaches sprinkled throughout the Amalfi coast. This is Spiaggia Duoglie. This beach you could get to by walking but a lot of them are only accessible via boat. We rented an umbrella, chairs and ate caprese sandwiches in between swimming.
We spent the other half of our time on the Amalfi Coast staying in Positano in the most darling bed and breakfast that was 13 stories above the street so I didn't feel too bad about not working out during those days. Above is me before dinner in Positano wearing the dress I bought specifically for Positano :-P 
We did two boat trips in Amalfi- one just along different beaches on the coast and one to Capri. I highly recommend booking a boat tour when you're in the area. It's so much fun sailing to the little islands and jumping off the boat to swim in the water. And no sand! It's like all the best parts of going to the beach without the worst part.
Our boat trip to the ultra glam island of Capri.
Little swim break in between sailing.
Capri was gorgeous and totally felt like a Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue ad. We spent a day on the island and took a chair lift to the top of Monte Solaro.

The Amalfi Coast was gorgeous and perfect for us beach babies. I couldn't get enough of the colorful buildings and gelato on the beach. 

No comments:

Post a Comment