Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

my hips they lie cuz in reality i'm shy shy shy

I am craving warm weather. I just went running for the first time in 4 months. Hilarious, actually. I told myself I would start running once the snow melted and alas, it is pretty much gone. I think I'm even going to go to yoga tonight. Even more hilarious. If you couldn't already tell, I'm failing miserably with the "Exercise regularly" New Year's resolution. I've been wearing my Sperrys, as if wearing shoes completely inappropriate for the cold will somehow reverse Provo's inevitable 6 month winter.

Above is 3.1 Phillip Lim SS11. (The 3.1 stands for 31, Mr. Lim's age at the time he launched his first collection in 2005). This collection makes me pine for spring, especially the second look. I love colorful shorts and sweater sets with a pair of Sperrys. I got a very preppy vibe from this whole collection, with all the shorts and sweaters and that darling little blazer in the 4th look. This spring/summer I would like to attempt lace/scalloped edge shorts and platform wedges. Is it bad that I'm already scouring online for both?
First let's talk about the perfection that is Lea Michele's Golden Globes dress. I've been saying it forever, but Oscar de la Renta should be the go-to for all Hollywood starlets during awards season. His gowns are beautiful, flawless, unique, classic and glamorous. I was skyping my mom during the GG last Sunday and I told her I want Oscar to do my wedding dress. Hopefully he will still be alive and designing by then. This was one of my favorite looks of his SS11 line. I should do a review for that collection, because it's stunning. Can't wait for Glee to come back, although this season has been kind of disappointing. I'm most excited for Emma Pillsbury's new outfits.

Now we can talk about Blake Lively and that olive Burberry trench. I'm obsessed with all of Christopher Bailey's metallic trenches, and this one is no exception. I'm pretty sure those are feathers on the shoulders? Gossip Girl is definitely my guiltiest pleasure. It's delightfully trashy and poorly written, but the clothes are to die for and Blair Waldorf is everything I strive to be minus the fact that she's a complete b!tch. Can't wait for this episode and the return of the scandalous lives of Manhattan's elite.

No comments:

Post a Comment