Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

so this is the new year, and i don't feel any different

Happy New Year! I spent New Year's Eve at the Cherry home dancing to Michael Jackson and watching Robin Hood. We tuned in for Dick Clark's countdown to the ball dropping, which is really the only part worth seeing. I got to see Jayk and Jared for the last time before they leave on their missions. Lil cuties! They will both be amazing :)
It snowed the day after Christmas. Alyanna and I decided to capture the festive weather, but actually we were more excited about the fact that we have matching coats. We heart J. Crew stadium cloth. My mom has a coral colored one and we all look like little fruits when we wear them at once. This picture makes me miss my cute house, family and the best food in the land.
New Year's Resolutions:

1) Save money. Ok, but seriously. I have always had a problem with spending money especially on clothes. For example, I really want a nice laptop cover. Currently I have a cheap plastic one that I got on eBay for $15, but I'd really like those nice rubber ones that are $50. I have wanted one for a while, but I can't bring myself to spend $50 on a laptop cover. However, I have repeatedly spent this much and even more on numerous articles of clothing. I worked a little when I got home and I'm certain I spent much more than I actually made. Ok, so save money. Seriously. No more spending sprees and no. More. Clothes.

2) Exercise regularly. Regularly is a vague word, but I find that when I'm specific with my fitness goals, I end up falling short and just become disappointed in myself. Last semester, I neglected my personal fitness by October. Thankfully I take the long way to campus every day, which I'm going to continue doing, but in addition I want to run or do yoga at least 3x a week. I will slowly add more once the sidewalks aren't completely iced over and I can run. (Btw, I added about 15 mins to my walking routes today thanks to the Arctic tundra that is Provo.)

3) Get good grades. Last semester wasn't stellar, but I have been improving tremendously since my first semester, which I like to pretend never happened. In addition to a class for my major, a religion and MUN, I'm retaking two classes, so I don't anticipate this semester to be too terrible, but then again I've said that the past two semesters and I was wrong. School is hard. Like, I know it's hard but I pretend that it's not. But it is. It's really, really hard.

4) Read The New York Times every day. At least the International section. We're required to for MUN, but when my weeks got busy I kept putting it off. But seriously, if I replaced the time I spent on Facebook, blogstalking and girl crushing, I would be able to read the Times plus the Wall Street Journal. It has been a longtime goal to be more informed about the world, and I can honestly say I have greatly improved this year, so I would just like to continue.
One of the most exciting things that happened to me over break^ Prabal Gurung. As in, one of the most talked about up-and-coming Asian designers. Has dressed Michelle Obama and Demi Moore. Been mentioned and loved on The Rachel Zoe Project. Tweeted about my blog. My. Blog. I was looking through the traffic sources and I saw twitter.com/prabalgurung. I typed it in and scrolled down and there it was. I'm still so excited about it. PRABAL GURUNG. Hehehe :) So thanks for that Mr. Gurung, and also everyone else who reads my blog. I am so unbelievably flattered that people take the time to read my ramblings about nothing. Thank you!
2010 was actually a great year for me. It started out horribly, but slowly turned into a wonderful year that was full of progress and improvement. Looking back on my January of 2010 and this January, I am shocked and sincerely proud of myself. I'm incredibly thankful for the gospel in my life, my wonderful friends and the neverending love and support I receive from my incredible family.

No comments:

Post a Comment