Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

head down to toes a reaction to you


The Royal Tenenbaums is one of my favorite movies and I just got done watching it. Above is one of my favorite scenes, and in my opinion, the most beautiful scene of the whole movie. The soundtrack is impeccable and I'm oddly fascinated by Gwyneth Paltrow as Margot Tenenbaum. Her severe eyeliner, blunt haircut, Lacoste polo dress, giant fur coat, penny loafers and Birkin bag coalesce to create such an iconic and memorable look. I actually bought a Lacoste polo dress after seeing this movie and someday I would like recreate her entire look, minus the haircut and severe eyeliner.
I've always been weirdly attracted to Luke Wilson in movies, and I can't help but crush on his sad and sometimes pathetic character as Richie Tenenbaum. My second favorite scene features "Needle in the Hay" by Elliott Smith (great, great song) and is Richie's suicide attempt. It's kind of dark, so I decided not to post the Youtube, but I just love the music and how great he looks sans facial hair. This movie is extremely dry and viewed as extremely boring and weird to 90% of young adults, but if you like indie films/Wes Anderson/dark humor, you might enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment