Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

betsey johnson ss11

I dedicate this post to my friend and Betsey enthusiast, Camille Greenan :)

Camille recently asked me whatever happened to my fashion posts on here. If you have been reading, you will know that I recently experienced a tragic hard drive crash and lost everything on my computer, including my carefully archived fashion folders which included my favorite looks from every season going back to almost 2007. I don't know what that says about me and my life, but I'll let you judge me.

Anyway. So Camille requested a Betsey post a very long time ago. Now I will admit, I am not a Betsey fan myself. Don't get me wrong, I have seen some dresses and accessories that I love, but most of the time, I don't find Betsey to suit my style. However, Camille is incredibly quirky, girly and goofy, which traits exemplify the Betsey Johnson line. Ok, so going from left to right:

1) I love maxi dresses. I think they're so chic and carefree and so comfortable. I shy away from them because I'm only 5', but I really would wear them more often if I had the right pair of wedges and a great seamstress. I love the chiffon-y look of this dress and the fluttery sleeves. Perfect for summer nights when it gets a little bit chilly, but not really. (<-- in regards to it not actually being that cold).
2) Ok, so is it weird that I have always wanted a skeleton shirt/sweatshirt of some kind? Maybe it's my fascination of all things related to the human body and anatomy, but it's always been a secret clothing lust of mine. I've never been able to find something suitable for me though. I like this little leotard thing, but the heart is inaccurately placed.
3) I used to be a ballerina, so naturally I find all things tulle and tutu-like attractive. I like the color of this. It reminds me of a little kid's ballet costume and cotton candy.
4) I am fascinated with sailing. It's been a longtime dream of mine to learn how to sail. I figure, I own and wear enough Sperrys, I should learn how to sail so I'm not a poser. I like this little sailor outfit and if I were to ever take the slutty Halloween costume route, I would most definitely go with slutty sailor.
5) So the theme that I got out of this collection was "modes of transportation." The beginning looks were inspired by cyclists and biker chicks, I'm almost certain. Goggles and those hat skullcap things completed the looks. Then there were the random sailing looks towards the end. Another mode of transportation. Despite not being a huge Betsey fan, I would LOVE to attend a show. I feel like it really would be a performance and the models always look so happy in Betsey's shows. Plus who wouldn't want to see the designer bike down the runway?

No comments:

Post a Comment