Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

mischief managed

Yes, it is 3:45 AM and yes, I am blogging about Harry Potter. I just finished watching Deathly Hallows Part 2 an hour or so ago. What a magical experience. No really. I remember when I got the first three Harry Potter books for Christmas. I think I was 7 when I first started reading them. My mom had told me to ask the school librarian if we had a book called Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone in the library. Her patient, who was also a librarian had told her about the series. I remember I had already read half the book on Christmas day. Now it's over. There were so many odd moments that I cried during that movie- not even the super sad, emotional parts. Besides the fact that the Deathly Hallows book/movie is such a wonderful love story and message of good triumphing over evil, I was really moved by the audience. True, I wanted to throw something at the girl who was sobbing so loudly for most of the movie, but it still made me smile. Everyone that was sitting around me probably grew up with Harry Potter. They probably stayed up late reading the books, went to all the midnight premieres and many of them were dressed up as their favorite characters. J.K. Rowling not only created a world of magic and wonder, but encouraged an entire generation to pick up a book and read. I'm so happy I was a part of Harry's journey and I can't wait to share the books and movies with my children. Thank you Ms. Rowling and everyone that made Harry Potter come to life for me and my generation :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to see it tonight! I cannot wait!

    http://chicgeekery.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete