Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

you be the clock, i'll be the timing


I started this entry while I was on the train from Lancaster to Philadelphia, but wi-fi was poor, so now I'm finishing at work. Last Friday morning I left to go home for 6 days for Alyanna's graduation. It was the quickest trip to Lancaster, but so needed and appreciated. Above is Alyanna and me at her graduation. It was a lovely ceremony. The weather looked questionable the whole day, but it ended up being a gorgeous night. Also, the ceremony was one of the shortest in L-S history, which was GREAT. Props to parents in general for attending graduations. That shiz is boring. I'm so proud of my little sister and so excited to have her join me this fall. I don't have the picture on my phone, but my parents got a shot most of the graduating class as they were getting up to leave (or about to sit down) and Alyanna is the only girl with red lips. It's AWESOME and so chic :)

Lancaster was great, as always. The longer I'm at school, the more cherished my time at home becomes. I am increasingly thankful for my parents and everything they do for me. By the middle of this week, I was starting to miss Provo a lot and looking forward to going back, but of course teared up a little when my mom dropped me off at the train station. She has cried every time she's dropped me off since I've started school. It's the best/worst. 

I rode the train all the way from Lancaster to the airport! I've never done that before. No one was home to take me to the airport, so I made the journey via public trans. I actually really love the 30th Street Station in Philly. It reminds me of Harry Potter and all I wanted was to walk through a wall to platform 9 and 3/4. I got into Philly a few hours before my flight and caught up with my friend Michael, who goes to Drexel. I got a little tour of the campus and had lunch from a great little food truck. From 30th Street, I took another train into the airport. By this point I had already felt like my traveling should be done, but it barely started. I flew out of Philly and into Denver, had a 2 hour layover and flew into Salt Lake at 11 PM. This morning was the absolute WORST getting up. I had 8 AM class and did not get out of bed until 7:38. Oops. I'm still so tired. Spring classes BLOW.

While I was home I went through my baby/childhood albums. LOOK AT THESE GEMS. I call it, Face In Hands: A Series. I find it hilarious that I've been doing the same pose since I was 1. I want to eat little me.
Speaking of eating babies, look at my lil cutie Mace! He's getting so old and I hate it. It's a requirement that I see him and his brother at least once whenever I'm home and take at least 3 pics when we are together. I have a picture of Preston as a baby and I showed it to Mace and in Japanese he said, "That's Mace!" It was hilarious. Luv dem azn bbz.
Finally, the title of this post is lyrics from "That's What's Up" off Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros' new album Here. I like this new album. I'm not obsessed with it, but I don't dislike it at all. It's just a very easy album. I don't know. I can't think of the word. It's relaxed and sweet and the lyrics are cute. I just like it, but nothing more or less than like. I do love the album cover though.

No comments:

Post a Comment