Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

19

happy 19th birthday maren!
Maren Bennett was my first friend when my family moved to Lancaster. We met in primary and were never in the same class all the way through elementary and middle school and finally had class together our senior year. I have grown up with Maren and her whole family is like my second family. We played Barbies together after church, I had my first sleepover at Maren's house and we always get in trouble for laughing during the prayers at church. Still.
I love Maren because she has always been such a good example to me. I have always looked up to her in every situation. She's brilliant, hilarious and so, so beautiful. My favorite thing about Maren is how much I laugh when I'm with her. I can't even begin to think of all the inside jokes, nicknames for boys and stupid secrets we have. We are very similar in so many ways, but complete opposites in others. We have a joke that I am always the mean one in the relationship and I make fun of her all the time. Which I do. But I say this all the time, but Maren has gotten so much funnier. Like at school, she was a riot. And she's always been funny, but now more people know about it. Maren completely accepts my childhood indulgences like Disney Channel and the glorious Jonas Brothers. She has an awesome sense of style and I love stealing clothes from her. Today she is 19. So I hope you are reading this, best friend. I love you very much. Thanks for always being there and just being you. Happy birthday!

2 comments: