Pages

Saturday, June 5, 2010

you don't even know my name and i know every constellation

This is why I have a blog: to cure my random bouts of insomnia. When did it become ok to go to bed at 1 AM and wake up 3 and a half hours later? You tell me.

I finished re-reading Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk 10 minutes ago. I first read that book in 8th grade, and it's amazing how much more I got out of it this time. Some of it I wish I didn't understand so much. Isn't that weird- how all of a sudden, or gradually I guess, you become less sheltered about weird, taboo topics and really horrifying things don't shock you anymore. It's a little bit sad. But I really enjoyed that book. You should read it, but I warn you it's wildly inappropriate. Rated R for disturbing images and lots of sexual content.

It feels good to read for fun again. I've compiled a summer reading list. I'll add to it periodically and post it and every so often to track progress:
Invisible Monsters- Chuck Palahniuk
Choke- Chuck Palahniuk
On the Road- Jack Kerouac
Looking for Alaska- John Green
No one belongs here more than you- Miranda July
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas- Hunter S. Thompson
The Bird Room- Chris Killen
Trainspotting- Irvine Welsh
(re-read) Catcher in the Rye and Franny and Zooey- J.D. Salinger

I would love suggestions. And if you have any of these books and are willing to lend them to me, even better!

Guess what? Yesterday I passed my driver's test! I know, I know. It took me long enough. But I passed and now I can officially drive cars in the state of Pennsylvania. YAY!!

I can hear birds chirping and the construction directly outside my window will resume in about 4 hours. Should've taken Nyquil.

P.S. It's really flattering when people tell me they read my blog. So thanks for reading :)

1 comment:

  1. hunger games and catching fire. i just finished both, each in a day.

    also i have heard the girl with the dragon tattoo is really good, i am about to buy it from amazon. you can borrow it from me if you'd like!

    also i stalk your blog regularly, just sayin.

    ReplyDelete