Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

ynna's fall 2010 must-haves

fallmusthaves

As much as this depresses me, I think it’s time for Fall 2010 Must-Haves. Last night I bought some corduroy skirts and I recently received an e-mail confirming the shipment of the most beautiful J. Crew riding boots (!!!). So here they are. My must-haves for fall:
  1. Corduroy mini skirts- Paired with a plain long-sleeve tee or chunky turtleneck, textured tights and boots. So perfect. I can’t wait.
  2. Textured tights- To go with those cord minis, jersey dresses and ruffled skirts. They look great with boots or flats.
  3. Leather riding boots- I think brown is good basic, but black doesn’t hurt. I will probably dedicate an entire post to the ones that will be arriving shortly.
  4. Shimmery boyfriend blazer- After my first boyfriend blazer purchase, I’m already obsessed with them. It’s so polished, without being too fussy. I am loving the shimmery accents in this Madewell one. Also loving entire sequined blazers.
  5. Leather bag- I love big bags for fall and I’m lusting over this J. Crew hobo. It’s the perfect shade of brown and I am so, so into having a handle and a crossbody strap. I think it makes the bag so much more functional bc it can be dressy or casual.
  6. Sequin sweatshirt- This Elizabeth & James sweatshirt is gorgeous, but I actually like the version J. Crew made better, and it’s half the price. I love the juxtaposition of a piece that’s meant to be strictly comfortable and kind of sloppy and a pretty touch.
  7. Leather motorcycle jacket- Because I don’t know what’s cooler than a fitted leather jacket.

I can’t believe I’m shopping for fall stuff already. I leave Lancaster in 16 days and it hurts my heart.

I failed to include a playlist bc I don’t do well with playlists. I always make one and then wish I included something. But some albums I’m looking forward to/enjoying: Arcade Fire (just released a little over a week ago!), Tay Swift (it’s embarrassing how excited I am for this one), Weepies (end of this month! actually set an alarm on my phone) and Kid Cudi (not entirely sure on release date).

Forbes compiled a list of most enduring fashion brands and the perfect house of Burberry made the list. Of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment