Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

bcbg, cynthia rowley, jason wu, prabal gurung ss11








Oh Fashion Week. You didn't seriously think I would put my SS11 reviews on hold because of school did you? I love Fall Fashion Week even more than Winter because I love warm weather attire. The colors, dresses, breezy fabrics and strappy heels- ugh. If I didn't love the east coast so much, I would consider living in a warm place for the rest of my life. Ok. Here we go:

BCBG: I love Max Azria and I think the BCBG line is one of the most wearable and versatile lines. Max's SS11 collection for BCBG was super, super minimalist. Everything was sheer and lightweight. I got a Lolita/nymphette vibe from the whole thing. The third look (2nd row, 1st look) is my absolute favorite.

Cynthia Rowley: I am a big fan of Cynthia's because her lines are always very clean, fun and preppy. I loved the collars this season.

Jason Wu: Enter the first of many amazing Asian designers ^_^ The whole time all I could think about were the turbans at Prada SS07. Their return in Wu's SS11 line doesn't make me like them any more. I just think they're very unflattering on even the most stunning person. But I am obsessed with with the sheer black giant bow blouse with the white short suit. I die for obnoxious bows.

Prabal Gurung: Repping the Asians once again. I was in love with this from the first look. I was reminded of those tangrams you played with in elementary school. You know, the ones where you try and fit them into the shapes that make a picture? Also I got a sea anemone vibe from the 2nd look (6th row down, 2nd look). The coral pants reminded me of something my mom would wear. I loved the geometric ruffle thing he did. That white dress? Ugh. But I saved my absolute favorite looks for last. Both I am obsessed with. Love love love the obscene neon and you know my relationship with ruffles. Prabal's was my favorite of this set.

I painted my nails grey this morning in honor of Gaga's VMA domination. I've never done grey before and I must say, I am very into them. Little monsters for life <3 div="">

No comments:

Post a Comment