Pages

Friday, February 7, 2014

marissa webb, jason wu and peter som fw 14

Happy New York Fashion Week! Here are some of my favorites from the past 3 days.
First we have Marissa Webb, former head of women's design at J.Crew aka my dream job. Marissa is fabulous because you have to be to head any design department at J.Crew and I was a huge fan of her fall/winter line. I could pick out something that I would love to have in my closet from every look. First from the left is this fabulous grey coat. I liked how casual the hair and makeup was for this show. All the girls looked like chic Manhattanite women after a long day- a little disheveled, but still glamorous. Next was a grey fur-trimmed cowl neck sweatshirt. Everything I love in one piece. Also I think those are white leather pants and hello? CHIC. Finally I loved this black moto coat and the fabulous black leather leggings. I'm such a sucker for a great coat because I lived in Utah for 4 years and learned that it didn't matter how great your outfit was because most of the people you saw during the day would only see your outerwear. I decided to post a cute lil pic of Marissa herself. Gimme your old job!
Next was Jason Wu because I have a special place in my heart for all da azn bbs at fashion week. Jason Wu's collection was very dark and I got some Victorian vibes. The first piece is another fabulous coat in that gorgeous wine color. Second is an elegant I-don't-even-know-what-to-call-that-color-purple dress. If you can make a turtleneck look good you are talented. Next another great coat and probably my favorite from the collection. Gimme fur. Finally a really gorgeous dress that reminded me the one Samantha Barks wore at during the Les Mis tribute at last year's Oscars, but sexier. I would love to see Cate Blanchett or Jessica Chastain rock this. 
Lastly Peter Som. First look I am not obsessed with but was so Cher Horowitz to me I found it comical so I had to include it and I like my picture arrangements to be symmetrical. Next I loved this leather tunic because I love leather always and I don't have that color yet. The next dress was one of Som's signature patterns and it kind of looks like a mistake or stains, but I think it looks great and very mod. Finally I loved the juxtaposition of a floor length skirt paired with a boxy t-shirt and such a fan of leather paneling. Not one of Som's strongest collections, but still noteworthy.
So that's the beginning of my thoughts on this year's New York Fashion Week shows. Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment