Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

my weakness please forgive it at least i hold on when i get love

This is one of my favorite pictures I have from this summer. I just love all the different blues and I love the people I'm floating with. On Saturday Emilee, Blythe, Preston and I went to the Spanish Fork reservoir again. We were later accompanied by Blythe's mom, little sister and little sister's friends (who were enamored with Preston. Cutest college boy they've ever seen! How lucky am I?). It was another lovely day in the water and this time we were even more prepared with the family pool. I sure do love summer.
 I recently got hired at The Awful Waffle. Today I had an orientation where I learned how to make 2 types of waffles and crepes. We were allowed to eat our creations so there I was eating my spoils and then everyone at the orientation left and I was alone eating 3 desserts like a sad fat girl. Then an FHE group came and I knew a few people, so that was fun too.
I found this picture today and it's one of my favorites I've ever seen. (There's a lot of favorite pictures in this post.) I really miss ballet and dance in general and would love to take a class again. I love the three pieces to this look- pointe shoes, men's dress shirt and topknot.

Also I can't stop listening to "Hold On When You Get Love and Let Go When You Give It" by Stars.

I recently finished Visit From the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan. It won the Pulitzer last year. It was ok. Definitely well-written, but not my favorite. I think I'm still mourning the end of the Steve Jobs biography. Does that ever happen to you? You read something you love and you can't get into a new book for a while? I'm going to start Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut next.

Instead of The Bachelorette, I have been finishing the 4th season of Breaking Bad. Preston and I watched the finale last night and it is GNARLY. I'm anxious to start season 5. BB has made me so excited for the return of Dexter as well. I would also like to watch a really great serial killer documentary. Do you have any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment