Pages

Monday, August 12, 2013

steadied his rifle with his target in the center and became famous on that day in november


john f. kennedy memorial // allegedly shot // corner of houston and elm // grey 4 jfk

Last night Preston and I took a walk around our neighborhood to the John F. Kennedy memorial and assassination site. It was pretty surreal to stand at the exact pedestal where Jim Towner stood and took the famous video. We also stood on The Grassy Knoll, where there was a suspected second shooter. Also surreal. All I could think about was the amount of hysteria there would be if President Obama were to be assassinated today. I can't fathom. 

I thought the JFK Memorial was pretty neat-looking. It was designed by Philip Johnson, a big influence in modern architecture, I learned from Preston. Sometime when it's not Sunday, we'd like to go to the museum. I'm looking forward to the anniversary of JFK's death and what special events will take place right in our backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment