Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

bottega veneta, jil sander, marni, prada and dries van noten ss15

Hello Milan! I want to start with Bottega Veneta because it might be my favorite SS15 show. Inspired by ballet barre warm-ups, this collection was beautiful, soft, feminine and reminiscent of my bunhead days. The first look has the leggings that were sprinkled throughout the show. Second is Alessandra Ambrosio looking perf in that moto jacket and leggings. Third is a favorite because look at that neck! I think I see sweatshirt strings so this could be the most beautiful sweatshirt in the world.
This fourth look is total sexy ballerina and great thinspo. Next look was a unitard which I loved with the pale yellow trench. Sixth look was different from the rest because of the exaggerated silhouettes and reminded me of the warm-ups I used to wear at the beginning of class and had to take off after barre.
Hi Kendall Jenner, your dress is chic. Next dress also looked out of place, but in a cute, 50s housewife kind of way. The final look was a blend of all of the pretty pastels used in this collection in a relaxed, easy maxi. I adored this whole collection because of its simple femininity.
In contrast, Jil Sander was very androgynous and played with shapes and pieces from both sexes. the first look I chose because I loved the pattern as it reminds me of that old videogame Pong. Second look I liked because of the wrapping element and the contrast of the scarlet with the cream. Third look I chose because I'm determined to make the turtleneck happen this fall and I think it looks very chic right here.
My final pic from Jil kind of reminded me of an equestrian look with the brown knee highs posing as riding boots and the green and blue belt looking like an old prep school tie. Next was Marni. Marni reminded me of The Row- very minimalistic, lots of wrapping and belts. I got a very oriental vibe with this one, especially with the judo belts in the first two looks.
Next I chose this dress because I thought the pattern was fabulous and it's a pretty silhouette. I can see some starlet wearing this to a charity function or tea party. Next look I chose because of the sick jacket. Love that bomber. I need to do a post in which I do my top 10 bomber jackets from SS15. The next look I chose because I love the pop of coral beneath the black wrapping. This look is very Asian to me.
Finally from Marni I chose this pretty dress. I like the mix of the fabrics and the delicate bralette shape of the top. Next was Prada and the first look is all right, but GEMMA WARD IS BACK. Gemma was my favorite model when I was in middle school and then she disappeared. But she's back and starting off Prada so I think she's ok. The next look I chose because I love the leather skirt and the yellow ribbon on it.
In the September issue, Anna Wintour gave her top 10 things she was excited for for fall and she said nothing is more fall than a new Prada coat. Here's one. Finally I chose this look because I couldn't get enough of the first leather skirt. Dries van Noten happened today and Kanye went, so there is that. Also there is another sick bomber jacket in look 1.
The inspiration for this show was Ophelia and a A Midsummer's Night Dream. To me, I got more of a Woodstock vibe but that echoed the "Summer of Love" feel Van Noten was going for with the mossy floor, uncombed hair and flower child sunglasses. The next look was very 60s to me with the psychedelic print top and John Lennon glasses. The third look I chose because it's another cool jacket and I will never stray away from them. Finally I picked the fourth look because it epitomized summer music festival to me.
Here's a picture of all of the models at the end of the Dries van Noten show. Make clothes, not war.

If you hate these posts, I'm not sorry. I love clothes. I am very much looking forward to the big dogs' shows in Paris!!

No comments:

Post a Comment