Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

j.crew ss15


Yesterday J.Crew debuted its Spring/Summer 2015 line and Jenna took over the company Twitter. She did not tweet at me, but I still prolonged my morning workout in order to read her live tweets of the show.

First look is so classic J.Crew it hurts. Boy shirt, cropped trousers, bright bag. They did the shirt in several different chambrays(?) and the bright blue might be my favorite. Second is the endless shirt in short sleeve. Currently you can purchase long sleeve endless shirts and they have been flying off the shelves. They are overwhelming for my small frame, but look great on a lot of our customers and probably you. The third look is probably tied with the first for favorite chambray fabric. I like the monochromatic railroad stripes of this look.
Here's the chambray color blocked and the shorts Jenna wore that day. Because of their width and length, I think you have to be 5'9 and taller to pull off these shorts, but please prove me wrong. My favorite look of the day is the sparkly shift dress but you could have all guessed that. So fun and reminiscent of vintage Lilly but with sequins. Look 6 is 100% cool girl from the double breasted blazer to the safari pants and those perfect silver sandals.
I'm not a huge fan of the shirt and dress combo as it's a little b-a-s-i-c for my taste but I chose this look for the cute little bomber jacket. Someday I will live a life where I can leave my jacket on my shoulders and it will look completely natural and chic. I like the little tennis polo in the next look and I always regret not buying piped collars whenever J.Crew does it. I call look 9 "Safari." Very into the pleated skirt and the jacket is cool but I would probably have to cinch the waist.

Nothing says J.Crew like the polo shirt re-worked. This time they did mesh sleeves? Really cute and dainty. The next look is Safari gone...Iceberg? I love the color of the jacket. Now for da boyz! I think this jacket is really cool. I'm still hitting myself for not getting a bomber/varsity jacket, but perhaps it's not too late.
Earlier this summer Preston told me he wanted to get a bucket hat and I laughed in his face. He was the one laughing yesterday when J.Crew had every other male model in bucket hats. Despite their popularity at J.Crew, I'm still only partially convinced they are chic. I chose the second men's look because of the sweatshirt. It looks like those Mexican drug rugs the stoners in my high school would wear, but kind of cute. Next I picked another sick jacket. Can we do a women's version? Of course I had to choose one suit from the collection because what's J.Crew men's without a handsomely tailored suit? This was my pick.
I end my men's favorites with another bucket hat look, but it was not the focal point of this choice. I like the color block chambray sweater? Shirt? The shawl collar is deceiving me. Finally I wanted to include a pic of my queen with King Bill Cunningham *a million heart eyes* and then a full body shot of Jenna's outfit. Sadly this pic is excluding her space age sneaks shown below:
Thanks for reading and stay tuned for the rest of my favorites from NYFW :)

No comments:

Post a Comment